The New Ideal in Skin Health provides new and in-depth information to dispel myths about commercialized products, ingredients and skin care for estheticians and non-dermatological practitioners. Skin care professionals need to be given the tools to make informed decisions to best help their patients/clients. Even initial education of the skin care professional does not provide enough correct information about how active ingredients impact skin biology. This is foundational knowledge that will help guide a skin care professional throughout their entire career.
Whether you are a medical professional getting into the esthetic industry or an esthetician just starting out, this book is a great resource to help make the best choices in a crowded industry.
The New Ideal in Skin Health dispels myths about products, ingredients and skin biology, assists professionals in making the best decision based on real science and gives advice to help build your business in volume and patient loyalty. Topics include:
* Underlying causes of skin problems looking beyond the symptoms
* Skin basics focusing on barrier health
* The role of chronic inflammation in skin aging and skin diseases
* Protocols for pre- and post-procedure care, skin conditions/diseases and daily home care
* How to optimize skin health with oral supplements and nutrition
* Learn about skin diseases and conditions and what you can to treat them
* Microdermabrasion, lasers, photodynamic therapy and more!
* Safety and evidence-based efficacy of botanical ingredients and product development
* Safety and evidence-based efficacy of non-botanical cosmeceuticals separating fact from fiction
* How to determine the best cosmeceutical products for your practice
* How to determine interactions of product ingredients with each other
* Professional roles in the esthetic practice
* How to build your business in volume and patient loyalty